[ft] how to know if a font file contains a unicode character font?

From: 宋江山
Subject: [ft] how to know if a font file contains a unicode character font?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:09:02 +0800

I would like to use differrent fonts, so that I can render many
languages, like  english, chinese, portuguese, etc.
I have two questions.
1. where can I get a font file with certain language?

2. once i get a UTF32 charcter, how to know which ttf file I should use?
   is there a UTF32 charcter range in a font ttf file?
  Something like sample.ttf, have UTF32 character 0x20 --->0x7f font?
  If any, how can I get the range(eg: "UTF32 0x20 --->0x7f ")?

--
Best wishes,
Jiangshan