[ft] font size confusion (NOMINAL & REAL_DIM)

From: milky jing
Subject: [ft] font size confusion (NOMINAL & REAL_DIM)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 22:23:28 +0800

Hi List,

I am facing a problem which requires the calculation of the equivalent font size (fontSize2) for FT_SIZE_REQUEST_TYPE_NOMINAL, i.e., FT_Set_Char_Size(face, fontSize2 * 64, 0, 0, 0), from the font size set for FT_SIZE_REQUEST_TYPE_REAL_DIM, here equivalent is that, I mean the two ways of setting the font size will produce the same output on my PC screen, (I don't know whether the DPI matters, but it is 96).

The reason is that I am using two external projects (which both use FreeType) on my own. One uses NOMINAL font size, the other uses REAL_DIM. I've tried to hack the definition, but it's a way too complicated. So, any ideas/hints/solutions will be eagerly welcomed.

p.s. My first time to use a mailing list :-P

Thanks,
Albert