[ft] Sub-pixel rendering for raster glyphs

From: Ankit Gupta
Subject: [ft] Sub-pixel rendering for raster glyphs
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:56:09 +0530

Hello,

We were going through free-type documentation and got to know that we can produce monochrome bitmap, or anti-aliased pixmap, using 256 levels of ‘gray’ using glyph outline points.

We are having the glyphs in the form of outline points (not standard true-type fonts). We are able to produce spans (FT_Span) with grey scale anti-aliasing for the glyphs using free-type standalone anti -aliasing renderer module (ftgrays.c).

Is it possible to produce spans/bitmaps with sub-pixel rendering on vector images using free-type code/library.

Regards
Ankit Gupta