Re: [ft] changing the depth of gray for anti-aliasing

From: David Bevan
Subject: Re: [ft] changing the depth of gray for anti-aliasing
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 04:22:33 -0500

Peter,

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but surely the problem is that the
algorithm used to blend the anti-aliased text with the background doesn't
properly take into account the relevant properties of the human visual system.

It should be possible to develop a suitable blending algorithm that has a
(more) perceptually uniform effect. I've no idea whether anyone's done so
though.

David %^>