[ft] Rendering problem

From: Farmer, Anthony
Subject: [ft] Rendering problem
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:12:34 +0000

Hello.

I’m trying to load a font into a bitmap, then into an OpenGL texture for rendering, and have encountered a problem with the font baseline that I’m unable to resolve via online documentation or Google search.  Attached is a small bitmap showing what happens, which hopefully obviates what I’m doing wrong and how it can be corrected.

Briefly, I convert all the glyphs to bitmap glyphs then extract them sequentially into an OpenGL texture.  Later I use the X-offset into that texture for rendering text.  Unfortunately all the punctuation is being placed at the TOP of the GL texture, as if the baseline were there instead of along the bottom.  I don’t believe that’s the case, but that’s the behavior.

If there were some way I could extract the vertical location of the face’s BASELINE, I could adjust everything accordingly as glyphs are extracted.  But I see no way to get that baseline value.

Or perhaps there’s another approach altogether that I should be taking?

Thanks,

Anthony Farmer

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not named above as an addressee or are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender and immediately delete it.
E-mails are susceptible to data corruption, interception, falsification, delay, unauthorised amendment and viruses. You should therefore carry out such virus and other checks as you consider appropriate. Cantor Gaming does not accept liability for any such events or any consequences thereof in respect of e-mails sent or received. Copyright and any other intellectual property rights in its contents are the sole property of Cantor Gaming.
The contents of e-mails may be monitored for security purposes. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Cantor Gaming.
This email was sent to you by Cantor Gaming. Cantor Gaming is the trading name of Cantor G&W Nevada L.P., a Nevada limited partnership with offices located at 135 East 57th Street, New York, New York 10022, and Cantor G&W International L.P., a limited partnership registered in England (registered number LP010479) with registered office One Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London E14 5RD.