Re: [ft] Getting the name of a font

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Getting the name of a font
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:36:17 +0200 (CEST)

> Does anyone know which functions I should use to load a font from a
> TTF file and then read it's declared name and other declared
> information?

I have no idea what you mean with `declared name'.  You might have a
look into the demo program `ftdump' which prints some limited
information about the font.  If you want to extract the various fields
of the `name' table, look at the `FT_Get_Sfnt_Name_Count' and
`FT_Get_Sfnt_Name' functions.

> And how to get a bitmap representing a glyph in the font?

Look at the demo programs `ftstring' and `ftview'.  Some simple code
can be also found in the FreeType tutorial.