Re: [ft] IPA font baseline

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] IPA font baseline
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 09:27:16 +0100 (CET)

> I use FT2.3.1 to parse IPA fonts - IPA Minchao.

This is more than three years old!  The current FreeType version is
2.4.4...

> The last parameter of function FT_Load_Glyph() was set to
> FT_LOAD_DEFAULT, so that font glyph could be hinted before load out.
> But metrics of output glyph seems wrong because characters do not
> arrange along the baseline.  For example, bearingY > height of
> character 'g', isn't it weird?  Anyone encountered this problem?

Horizontal or vertical layout?  For the former, x=0 is the baseline
for all glyphs.  Please provide a code snippet $(Q#|(B compilable, and
executable on the command line $(Q#|(B which demonstrates your problem.

Have you checked the code samples from the tutorial?