Re: [ft] CFF outline rendering problem

From: Róbert Márki
Subject: Re: [ft] CFF outline rendering problem
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 07:52:08 +0200

Hi

I have tested it and it works. All the glyphs rendered with FT_RASTER_FLAG_DIRECT flag look the same as if they were rendered onto a bitmap.
Thanks for the fix!

Of course, you can use it any way you want.

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> When rendering glyphs with cff outlines (otf, pfb fonts) the
>> control points which are located under the baseline are connected
>> with straight lines, for ttf fonts all the glyphs are rendered
>> correctly.  This problem occurs only when I use direct rendering
>> with the FT_RASTER_FLAG_DIRECT flag, if I render the glyph to a
>> bitmap with FT the problem doesn't occur.  This problem is present
>> in every version of FT that I've tested (2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4).

Indeed, it was a bug, caused by a small thinko.  It is now fixed in
the git repository; please test.

Thanks for the report!

   Werner

PS: May I use your small main.cpp for the collection of examples in
   the tutorial, putting it into the Public Domain?