Re: [ft] Stray pixel from FT_Outline_Get_Bitmap()?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Stray pixel from FT_Outline_Get_Bitmap()?
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 14:54:23 +0200 (CEST)

> I believe I'm seeing a regression between 2.3.9 and 2.3.11 when
> rendering monochrome text, resulting in a stray pixel being rendered
> - See the attached screenshots.

Just for reference: Have you tested 2.4.1 also?  I don't expect any
improvement, but...

> Unfortunately, I'm not able to give out this custom font nor view it
> in ftview, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to best pass this
> problem over to someone for further investigation - Suggestions
> welcome!

You can't view it in ftview...  Interesting.  Can you elaborate for
curious people like me?

In case it is in a standard format you might always use FontForge to
erase everything from the font but the offending shape; this would be
the easiest solution for me to debug the problem...

> Meanwhile, I can provide the raw geometry of the problematic diamond
> shape (from the font file), in the hopes that it can be used
> somehow:
>
>      -35, 368   (LL)
>     -111, 444   (UL)
>      -22, 444   (UR)
>       54, 368   (LR)
>      -35, 368   (LL)
>
> My suspicion is on the 45-degree angle the lower-right corner forms,
> with that angle triggering a problem somewhere in
> freetype-2.3.11/raster/ftraster.c

This helps, but it is not complete: Is this font units?  If yes, how
many font units are per em?  1000 (as in Type 1 or CFF fonts) or 2048
(as in most TTFs)?