[ft] Building Freetype in another project

From: JULIAN GARDNER
Subject: [ft] Building Freetype in another project
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:50:03 +0000 (GMT)

We are using Freetype in an embedded project based on an ARM processor and also
we use JAM for our full build system.

Tonight i upgraded to the new release and decided i would fix my build problems
which meant i manually built freetype and copied the library to out projects
build directory.

Now the problem, this is the code i changed/added to try and get the freetype
build in OUR project

       FREETYPE_LIB = freetype ;

    # We do this as we can call freetype directly
    if $(FREETYPE_LIB) = "libFreetype"
    {
       # This is used when we build Freetype outside our jam build system
        HDRS += [ RSD_SubDir Freetype include ] ;
        SubInclude  RSD_TopDir $(FREETYPE_LIB) ;
        MyLibraries += $(FREETYPE_LIB) ;
    }
    else
    {
        CCFLAGS += "-DFT2_BUILD_LIBRARY" ;
        FT2_TOP = [ RSD_SubDir $(FREETYPE_LIB) ] ;
        SubInclude  RSD_TopDir $(FREETYPE_LIB) ;
        MyLibraries += $(FREETYPE_LIB) ;
    }

This works as in it builds to a point, all the source files build but i get an
error at the end as it tries to build apinames which results in linker errors.

I added in a couple of missing functions but this just exaggerates the problem.

I have tried to, unsuccessfully to remove the build side of apinames but this
results in the freetype.lib not being built.

Any ideas on what to change in the jamfile to allow the building of
freetype.lib
but not apinames

joolz
ps. Keep up the good work