Re: [ft] Monochrome bitmaps uses two bytes??

From: samaram s
Subject: Re: [ft] Monochrome bitmaps uses two bytes??
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 12:01:16 -0500

Attached is a sample glyphmono_bitmap.c,In which you can find the glyph data writing into a file called BitmapData_Mono, Show data reads and displays on screen.

Though width is less than 8 bits you can find all the second bytes as zeros.

Thanks,

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am using FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME to get a single bit bitmap.
> Irrespective of the Bitmap->width, It is allocating two bytes of
> data for each row.  Why is it so?  I thought it should have only a
> byte, if bitmap->width is (i mean x_max for each glyph) less than 8.

This is a good question for which I currently have no answer.  Please
post a minimal example which I can use for debugging.  Either there is
a bug somewhere or the documentation should be improved.