Re: [ft] anti-aliasing question

From: Dave Calkins
Subject: Re: [ft] anti-aliasing question
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 09:00:34 -0500

Interestingly, FreeTypeGL does use FT_LOAD_NO_HINTING by default. Not sure why, but I have changed that and have it just using FT_LOAD_DEFAULT.

Something else I thought was to just manually filter the pixels after the call to FT_Render_Glyph. Perhaps set any pixels below a certain brightness to black and/or brighten up the pixels overall. Might be worth experimenting with.