Re: [ft] anti-aliasing question

From: Dave Calkins
Subject: Re: [ft] anti-aliasing question
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 08:39:26 -0500

I changed the flags as you suggested, rebuilt, and tested it again. I've attached a screenshot. I'm not sure how much of a difference it made though.

On 2/7/2010 1:27 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I've attached 2 screenshots, one rendered with GDI and the other
with FreeType using FreeTypeGL.  On each screenshot I've also zoomed
into the rendered text.
Well, FreeType doesn't do LCD rendering in this image...  You should
activate this.  Secondly, are sure that you have activated the native
TrueType hinting engine?  This is, do you have
TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER switched on (and
TT_CONFIG_OPTION_UNPATENTED_HINTING switched off)?