Re: [ft] diff Pixel height

From: samaram s
Subject: Re: [ft] diff Pixel height
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 18:42:34 -0500

Thanks Werner .

What exactly do you mean with `offsetx'?

I am using Arial.ttf file,If i use pen.x and pen.y = 0.I am getting x min for few characters as -1.Is it correct?
My assumption is i should get zero,as it starts from origin(0,0).

Family name of the font is --- Arial 0
Style name of the font is --- Regular
Glyph A:
bbox = [-1 0 9 8]
Bitmap Left -1
Bitmap width is 10
Bitmap rows is 8
Pixel Mode 2
 Advance X value is 8

Glyph: B
bbox = [8 0 15 8]
Bitmap Left 8
Bitmap width is 7
Bitmap rows is 8
Pixel Mode 2
 Advance X value is 8

Glyph:C
bbox = [16 0 25 8]
Bitmap Left 16
Bitmap width is 9
Bitmap rows is 8
Pixel Mode 2
 Advance X value is 9

Glyph:D
bbox = [25 0 33 8]
Bitmap Left 25
Bitmap width is 8
Bitmap rows is 8
Pixel Mode 2
 Advance X value is 9

If You observe in the attachment, there is 1 pixel gap between character A and B,respectivelly there is 2 pixels gap between B and C,C&D.

I mean offset x is the 1 for A& B and 2 for B& C.
I thought xmin is the values which tells that?But it is not.

Also,As you said if i consider advancex values for the next glyph to draw,

Advance x says 8 from A to B : I counted after * to B
Advance x says 9 from C to D : Same here too...

But D is coming after 8 pixels itself??Why is it so?

Please do explain me,to understand how the calculations are happening??

Thanks so much for the great support...

Sam