Re: [ft] how to compile ftdemos

From: samaram s
Subject: Re: [ft] how to compile ftdemos
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:01:33 -0500

Using a different build directory
    ---------------------------------

    If the `configure' script of the FreeType 2 library is  run from a
    separate build directory,  it creates a dummy  Makefile which sets
    some  variables before  including  the top-level  Makefile of  the
    source  directory.  This dummy  Makefile can also be  used for the
    ft2demos package to be compiled in a different build directory:

       make FT2DEMOS=1 -f /path/to/freetype2/build-dir/Makefile

    If necessary, adapt  the `TOP_DIR_2' variable to make it  point to
    the ft2demos source directory.

I have my freetype2 directory compiled and has all the libs and .so required.

i gave the following command,
address@hidden:~/Downloads/ft2demos-2.3.9# make FT2DEMOS=1 ../freetype2/Makefile
make: Nothing to be done for `../freetype2/Makefile'.

It throw error as above.
Am i missing anything??

Thanks

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can anybody please tell me Where can i find document regarding how
> to build ftdemos project in Linux and in Windows?

For Linux, this is described in the README file of the freetype2-demos
bundle.