Re: [ft] Compiling freetype 2.3.9 with bcc fails

From: Mirco Babin
Subject: Re: [ft] Compiling freetype 2.3.9 with bcc fails
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:44:56 +0200

Hi,

The problem is that the linker can't find the OBJ file.
The current directory is .
The obj files are compiled into .\objs
From the current directory a link is performed, but the .\objs directory is not set as a path.

Indeed apinames.exe is just one obj.

I'm looking forward to your solution, thanks in advance !

Regards,
Mirco

2009/7/10 suzuki toshiya <address@hidden>
Hi,

Mirco Babin wrote (2009/07/10 21:53):
> Well,
>
> I tried the following and it does not produce errors:
> bcc32 -Lobjs -oobjs/apinames.exe src/tools/apinames.c
>
> The -L switch is to provide a library search path (where to find OBJ and LIB
> files).

Interesting. apinames.exe requires only apinames.c,
no need to link other libraries and objects, so
the requirement of "-Lobjs" is not easy to understand.
Maybe we have to care the single command executing
compilation and linking.

> But I don't known what should be adjusted in the makefiles. They are really
> complex.

OK, I will take a look. Please wait 24 hours.

Regards,
mpsuzuki