Re: [ft] EBCDIC support?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] EBCDIC support?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:22:47 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm considering to use the Freetype library for Type 1 fonts on
> EBCDIC based platforms, but it does not seem to be described in the
> documentation.  Is EBCDIC platform supported?

It should work.  Note, however, that I have no idea how `ASCII' Type 1
fonts are represented on EBCDIC platforms.  In case it fails it should
be straightforward to fix the Type 1 parser to properly handle the
characters.  I would be glad if you report problems so that we can
assist you (and fix the stuff in the git repository).