[ft] Rendering with SCANTYPE 1

From: Alexey Kryukov
Subject: [ft] Rendering with SCANTYPE 1
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:38:29 +0300

Hi,

I have just installed opensuse 11.1 (with freetype 2.3.7).
I use MS Arial as GUI font for most applications and I have
disabled antialiasing for small pixel sizes in my .fonts.conf.
So I have noticed there are gaps in diagonal stems under certain
ppems. This effect is also noticeable in FontForge with the "Show
Grid Fit" mode (check "W" or "y" at 17 ppem).

Apparently no drop-out control is performed if SCANTYPE is 1
(which is the case for Arial).

Alexey Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty