[ft] How displaying a accented character ?

From: simonvifr
Subject: [ft] How displaying a accented character ?
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 01:12:10 +0100 (CET)

Good morning,

I have installed freetype2 (2.3.5 release) on windows XP.
I can display a simple text without accent (by example : "Hello world !"), but
when I try to display a text with accented characters (by example : "éàè"), it
appears boxes instead. The accented characters are not displayed.
I use a unicode charmap.
I use the example in the tutorial.
I use the TIMES.TTF font.
Could you help me to understand what is going wrong ?
Thank you to help me to fix this error.

Regards.

news d’Indochine et écoutez leur single « Little Dolls »sur Musiline Voila !
http://musiline.voila.fr/resume/235