Re: [ft] Fat strokes getting cropped

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Fat strokes getting cropped
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 23:52:38 +0100 (CET)

> I'm using freetype 2.3.7 to render a color glyph that has another
> color stroke to a bitmap via direct rendering.  It works well, but
> I've noticed that when the stroke width grows beyond a certain limit
> the spans appear to get cropped on the right side.

Please test the current CVS; I think I've fixed this issue already.

>From the CHANGES file:

    - The smooth renderer produced truncated images (on the right) for
      outline parts with negative horizontal values.  Most fonts don't
      contain outlines left to the y coordinate axis, but the effect
      was very noticeable for outlines processed with FT_Glyph_Stroke,
      using thick strokes.