Re: [ft] Advanced (?) character composition

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Advanced (?) character composition
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:21:05 +0200 (CEST)

[You should configure your Outlook email program to correctly set the
email encoding!  For example, your original email should be tagged as
using the windows cp1252 encoding.  Even better, use UTF-8 for your
correspondence.]

> I’m trying to use FT to render some nice glyphs to be used in a game
> I’m working on. Basically I’m trying to achieve what PhotoShop’s
> layer effect “stroke” (outside stroke) with a different color does.
> [...]

Please provide some sample code (which compiles stand-alone even on
non-windows platforms).  You might look at the recent `Glitchy stroker
output' thread for some good examples how to create a BMP image.