[ft] Problems with advance.x

From: Casper Thrane
Subject: [ft] Problems with advance.x
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 21:19:34 +0200

Hi!

I just begun using FreeType 2, and I don't know much about font handling. I have managed to display TrueType fonts to a framebuffer using AlphaBlending. And everything looks almost alright :-) The problem is the some of the letter spacing is a bit off. Especially one character has a wrong spacing and it is the 'S'. I am using the advance.x and kerning like in all the examples I have seen. I can see that the advance.x for the 'S' is higher than all other characters. Does anyone have a hint, for what I am doing wrong.

Best regards
Casper Thrane
InfoAccess