Re: [ft] Adding custom font driver?

From: Ian Britten
Subject: Re: [ft] Adding custom font driver?
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 09:30:35 -0300

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
What's the proper way to add a custom font driver to FT, as a FT
user, not as a FT developer/maintainer? (ie: I can't just modify a
FT build and add my code to the library)

Currently (v2.1.7), we do something similar to this: [ NB - C++ ]
    static const FT_Driver_ClassRec custom_driver = {
             //  Blah blah blah.  Details omitted
    };
    FT_Add_Module(library, &custom_driver);

Upon trying to upgrade to v2.3.5, I'm finding that the
FT_Driver_ClassRec structure is in freetype/internal/ftdriver.h,
which is no longer publicly accessable.  As such, I'm kindof stumped
about how best to proceed.

This looks indeed like a problem.  David?

Since David doesn't seem to be around (Busy?  Probably...), anyone
have any suggestions?  (Or should I maybe repost on -devel?)

Thanks for any info!
Ian