[ft] Slow rendering of TrueType font

From: Sven Johnsson
Subject: [ft] Slow rendering of TrueType font
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:04:06 +0100

Hello,

I am using Freetype 2 with Nano-X. Font drawing is very slow compared to the rest of my system and I hope this can be tweaked in some way. I have checked that font caching is activated in Nano-X.
The font used is different versions of Myriad, which is a True Type font.

I have checked if the Freetype 2 cache is being used, and this seems to be the case.

After inserting some printf's in the Freetype 2 cache source code I got the following result: When text is drawn, both FTC_CMapCache_Lookup() and FTC_Manager_Lookup_Face() are executed.

I am using Microwindows 0.9 and Freetype 2.1.3.

-What can I do to speed up the font rendering?

Best Regards,
Sven Johnsson

--

Sven Johnsson