[ft] baseline / horizontal shift of symbols?

From: Oliver Bandel
Subject: [ft] baseline / horizontal shift of symbols?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:11:21 +0100

Hello,

my other problem is fixed now. I have now a scalable font
snd scaling is no problem.

But now I have a new problem: when I get some glyphs
from that font, and scale them and put them together,
how to put them on one baseline?

There are not of equal hight.
And some glyphs can go beyond the baseline
or have the lowest set pixels somewhere above
the baseline (for example "^").

So, which parameter can be used to examine the
vertical shift of the pixels, that I need?
And: can I find out the maximum height of the chars,
whcih I will get, so that I can foresee, how big the
string will be? (Maximum glyph size) (Is it face->height / 64 ?).

TIA,
   Oliver