Re: [ft] Carbon-free fonts support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) compatibi

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] Carbon-free fonts support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) compatibility
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:48:06 +0900

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 23:33:24 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The analysis of resource map in HelveLTMM is following: [...]
>
>Thanks.  Regarding the structure of such a font it is probably useful
>to contact Adobe directly in case you can't find an Adobe Technical
>Note which documents that.

Thank you for comment. By the help of George, I could
reach a good reference to support the fragmented
resource-fork PS Type1 font.

>> The easiest solution may be copying each fragments onto memory (in
>> fact, ftmac.c implementation does such).  But if it is possible to
>> make a meta-stream joining short streams, the solution would be
>> slightly smart, I think.
>>
>> Werner, how do you think of?
>
>Please do what you think best!

As George told, it may NOT be the regression but existing
problem of Carbon-free resource-fork font support. Unfortunately,
although the fragmented PFB font is legacy, but the issue can
be important because recent Mac OS X bundles such fonts :-(

As a quick band-aid, I will try to implement a memory-copying
based solution. After that, I will reconsider about the
meta-stream solution.

Regards,
mpsuzuki