Re: [ft] caching subsystem, caching images?

From: Ulrich Mierendorff
Subject: Re: [ft] caching subsystem, caching images?
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:05:16 +0200

Ok, I think I've got it...
If the glyph is "small" enough it will use the sbit cache and it is not rerendered. That is very fast (~100times faster).
But I wonder why the glyph size limit was set to 48px in the example?
Kind regards,
Ulrich

Ulrich wrote:
Hi,
I've looked into freetype's caching subsystem. As far as I understand it does not cache bitmaps of rendered glyphs. Am I correct? I come to this opinion because I've also read a bit in "ftcommon.c" from the "ft2demos" and it looks like if a glyph is always rerendered (lines 870ff). So I have to implement bitmap-caching myself?