Re: [ft] Link Error: could not open FreeType.lib

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Link Error: could not open FreeType.lib
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 00:38:37 +0200 (CEST)

> However, in the mean time, speaking in any compiler terms again, how
> many dlls and libs should the compiler produce or does this depend
> on what you are looking to do with Freetype?

The VC++ project files produce, AFAIK, a single library in four
different incarnations, for different purposes (single threaded,
multithreaded, with and without debug info).

> If it depends on what you are doing with FreeType, then maybe I can
> shed some more light to you about BrutalChess.

BTW, isn't there any help from the BrutalChess developers or users?  I
think this would be much more straightforward...

> FreeType6.dll

Difficult to say what's exactly in it.

> [...] it appears that the dll name is different from what the linker
> error had mentioned when I went to compile BrutalChess. The linker
> error was that it could not find the freetype.lib. This is what is
> confusing the heck out of me.

I think the best solution is to subscribe to this BrutalChess email
list

  http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=139550

and ask there.  Since apparently all VC++ users of FreeType are on
vacation or not listening, you won't get more help currently, sorry.