Re: [ft] retrieving kerning infos misbehaves

From: Jürgen Herz
Subject: Re: [ft] retrieving kerning infos misbehaves
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 00:08:43 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>> > It's weird, the first call to FT_Get_Kerning() always fills in the
>> > right value for a kerning pair, regardless of any flag. [...]
>
> You would help us a lot if you can provide a small, complete,
> compilable C code example which demonstrates the problem.  And please
> use the latest CVS for testing.

I found the buggy line myself today by running the lib in the
debugger--but someone else was faster.

Thanks for fixing this bug (whoever that did) two days ago (rev 1.114 of
ttobjs.c). Was this coincidence through my first report?

BTW: size->cvt_ready is queried twice but never set to anything else
than 0. Is it really necessary to always call tt_size_ready_bytecode()
in tt_loader_init().

BTW2: In order to get an debugable build I wanted to use the developer
target but didn't manage it. I didn't find explicit instructions how to
do that. Finally I moved gcc-dev.mk and unix-dev.mk to gcc.mk and
unix.mk and it worked. But how is it done the smart way?

Thanks,
Jürgen