[ft] Possible bug with unhinted scaled metrics

From: Damon Chaplin
Subject: [ft] Possible bug with unhinted scaled metrics
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:13:02 +0000

Hi,

If I scale an unhinted font I expect the metrics to scale linearly. But
there seem to be slight errors.

I've attached a test app to show what I mean. It loads a font face, and
uses FT_Set_Char_Size() and FT_Load_Glyph() to get a glyph's metrics at
two different sizes. The advance of the second one is different from
what is expected. (You might need to change the path to the font.)

Is it a freetype bug? Or my error?

I've tried freetype 2.2.1 (in Fedora 6) and 2.3.1.

Thanks,

Damon