[ft] ugly Type1

From: Pásztor Szilárd
Subject: [ft] ugly Type1
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:38:23 +0100

Hi,

  Sorry if my question has been asked before but I couldn't find any solution
so far.
  I'm having problems with Type1 font rendering.
After enabling the bytecode interpreter, my truetype fonts look great, but
Type1 ones were not affected (certainly). However, they would need it, as they
look like this (I've completely disabled antialiasing to let the results
show, firefox 2.0 with Xft support):

        http://balta.ikk.sztaki.hu/ugly.png

Whereas in Firefox 1.5-gtk1 they show up as they should:

        http://balta.ikk.sztaki.hu/good.png

No matter how I configure hinting, the first example shows what I get with
Xft. Can this be corrected somehow? I'm using freetype-2.3.1 and Xorg 7.1
with Fedora core 6 (not that it matters) and an almost default fontconfig
configuration.

thanks
s.

            |  Vitality from Vitamins, Brutality from Brutamins.  |