Re: [ft] spacing between characters

From: Boris Fersing
Subject: Re: [ft] spacing between characters
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:45:24 +0100

2007/2/11, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> I recently upgraded from freetype-2.2.1 to freetype-2.3.1 and yet
> I've more spacing between the chars.

This too general a statement.

> Is there a way to change that?

Example, please.  Always test with ftstring whether you can reproduce
the effect.

Thank you Werner, I downloaded the demo tools and I found out that I
don't have the problem when I force auto-hinting off, then I checked
my config files again and it seems that the /etc/fonts/local.conf
configuration (where auto-hinting was true) overrided my ~/.fonts.conf
(where I disabled auto-hinting).

Now I disabled the auto-hinting in local.conf and all is working fine.
It's surprising that I didn't have this issue with prior versions.
(maybe was the auto-hinting not working at all)

regards,

Boris.

$ ruby -e'puts " .:@BFegiklnorst".unpack("x4ax7aaX6ax5aX15ax4aax6aaX7ax2 \
aX5aX8axaX3ax8aX4ax6aX3aX6ax3ax3aX9ax4ax2aX9axaX6ax3aX2ax4 \
ax3aX4aXaX12ax10aaX7a").join'