Re: [ft] unhappy about recent "light" changes

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [ft] unhappy about recent "light" changes
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:08:27 +0100

OK, please try the current CVS, I've made some improvements to advance
width computations. However, there is an inherent conflict between
ideal spacing and reducing the blurness.

Frankly, I don't know if this new light hinting algorithm will be in
the next release; if too many complain about it, I'll move it to a new
hinting mode (hurray for more options, and all the associated changes
to the rest of the graphics stack !!)

Hope this helps,

- David Turner