building guide movie (Re: [ft] Mac Build - Desperate)

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: building guide movie (Re: [ft] Mac Build - Desperate)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 02:08:49 +0900

Happy New Year,

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:18:15 +0900
address@hidden wrote:

>Freescale (formerly Metrowerks) stopped to sell CW for MacOS
>anymore, and CW activation formality is difficult to transfer
>CW license from a machine to another. I'm going to make a short
>guidance movie for the people who "happened" to access CW,
>to help their trial to build FT2 within 30 min..
>It will be in 2007.

I've made a short movie (ca. 10min) building FreeType2
by CodeWarrior v9. Preview is available from:

        http://www.gyve.org/~mpsuzuki/FT2CW9-20070105.ogg
        (Theora: 15MB)

        http://www.gyve.org/~mpsuzuki/FT2CW9-20070105.mjpeg
        (Motion JPEG: 526MB)

Because I don't know how to keep 640x480 resolution in
QuickTime encoding, both formats are not Mac-native.

Werner, please let me know the policy of patent-dependent
movie file, if I ask folding in freetype.org. Possibly
people want me to provide a movie file in MPEG2 or 3GP format
(and possibly I could encode in such formats by proprietary
products), but I think there's no free software to view
such movies in USA and Japan, due to patent issue.

Regards,
mpsuzuki

P.S.
RJJ reported: Although he added src/base/ftsystem.c to the
CWv7 project, but CWv7 tries to compile builds/amiga/src/base/ftsystem.c.
Yet I've not found detailed condition to reproduce, but I
experienced similar error in CWv9. Further investigation
is required to mention the bug(?) in step-by-step documentation.