Re: [ft] TTF render like windows

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] TTF render like windows
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:10:47 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm trying to make the freetype to render TTF fonts in exactly the
> same manner as Windows does. I mean without antialiasing.

> Anyway I get the following picture [...]
> http://www.em64t.net/temp/verdana_render.png
> See the difference with 2 and 6 charachters.

This is a known issue.  We now know the reason for the differences,
and we are going to fix this in the next release, I hope.

> I've been googling for days to get a reason and a possible solution
> for the problem. And it seems there's no avaibale way/patch/etc for
> the problem.

Well, the reason for the differences are buried deep into FreeType
itself; unfortunately, it's not a trivial fix, and it will take until
it has been done.  Please look up the freetype-devel mailing list for
more details.