[ft] pango freetype installation problems

From: Vitaly D
Subject: [ft] pango freetype installation problems
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 14:14:02 +0200

This is a follow up from freebsd mailing list. it was also poste on pango mailing list. please cc me because i'm not on the list.

Hello, All

for a story i've installed minimal FreeBSD 4.11 on intel (i386). I'm trying
to make a desktop station. i'm compiling from official sources (dont' use
packages system)

i've installed XFree86 4.6.0 (fontconfig freetype 2.1.8 included)

!!! Important issue about freetype 2.2.1 on freebsd 4 series !!!!
i've tried to make pango 1.5.0 (latest)  I get compile error in
pango-ot-info.c  complaining about freetype.h due to #error macros included
at the head of freetype.h.

By the way in pango 1.5.0 package some include directives trying to search
for ftobject.h in a wrong directory. (<freetype/ftobject.h> instead of
<freetype/config/ftobject.h>  Solved by adjusting
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/X11R6/freetype2/freetype/config ... They say in freetype.h
that this hierarchy won't be followed in future releases but for now it
seems to bring obscure errors while building softaware relying on freetype
(what the F... ft2build.h is not included yet ???)

what should i do?

i've tried to install freetype 2.2.1 (latest) but it
complains about sysntax error in /usr/include/sys/mman.h line 140
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and even i've sucsseeded it seems that
freetype2.2.1 package preserves the same include hierarchy as 2.1.8 so it
won't resolve my problem (read before this paragraph).

please if anyone see an issue about my problem ??? CC me because i'm not on
the list and internet acces is too expensive for me.

i'll try to post a bug report at pango list (include problem #include
<freetype/ftobject.h> should be <freetype/config/ftobject.h>

and also make a follow up to freetype2 team as it seems to report syntax
error in /usr/include/sys/mman.h

have a nice day.

Windows Live Messenger : venez tester la version bĂȘta ! http://www.ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=0eccd94b-eb48-497c-8e60-c6313f7ebb73