[ft] Needed libttf.so.2.3.0

From: filippo Lombardo
Subject: [ft] Needed libttf.so.2.3.0
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 18:32:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everyone on the list,

I'm trying to install the envoronment gtk+ on my linux box, compiling all the libraries from source.
After having read all the FreeType2 documentation provided with the package, I installed freetype-2.1.10, but before installing it I got rid of  /usr/lib/libttf.so.2.3.0
and its symlink libttf.so.2, because I read on the official documentation that freetype1 is not compatible with freetype2.

Unfortunately, the next time I started the system, I got an error from httpd which couldn't start because it called a php script which seeked the deleted library libttf.so.2.3.0.

I already spent some time trying to know which is the package I should install to have back the above library in the right place, and I finally came to your list.
I read several posts of the past in your archives, and I found some replies by Werner who said libttf means FreeType1.

I realized that maybe I have to install freetype-1.3.1.tar.gz, and I downloaded it.
But, before installing it, I'd like to have the confirmation that it would provide me with the right libttf.so.2.3.0.

Can anyone in this list give me this information ?

Thank you alot for your attention.

Best regards

Filippo

Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3