Re: [ft] Type 1 PFM read problem.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Type 1 PFM read problem.
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:45:27 +0200 (CEST)

> According to Adobe's specification the header
> should be recognized as:
>
> data in font  specification
> 0x0200                (x) dfVersion Two bytes 256
  ^^^^^^
  0x0100   :-)

Since this field appears to be unreliable, we should check something
different.  Unfortunately, I don't see something which looks really
static...  Perhaps we should allow both `0x0000' and `0x0100' as the
starting bytes and wait until users complain.

> Oops, I found other broken PFM, AACHENB.PFM

It seems that MS Windows ignores all (almost?) fields which are
`fixed'.