[ft] Third Release candidate for FT 2.2 available

From: david turner
Subject: [ft] Third Release candidate for FT 2.2 available
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:20:31 +0100

Hello

I finally fixed the last problems that prevented GNUstep applications
from working properly in Sarge. Everything now works perfectly on
this distribution. There are still two ways to get the package:

 - a pre-autoconf-ed version, ready to be built, is available at

 http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/free/freetype-2.2rc3.tar.bz2

 - otherwise, use the CVS server:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:address@hidden:/sources/freetype co -r VER-2-2-0-RC3 freetype2
  cd freetype2
  sh autogen.sh

This version works perfectly in Debian Sarge, and couldn't find any problem it introduced. The "light" hinting mode works extremely well too and will please any Mac OS X fan with
"better-shapes-though-blurrier" text :-)

I'll try to install it on other "old" distributions, but again, I'd appreciate if some volunteers
would be ready to give a hand.

After that, we'll polish the release and get 2.2 out as soon as possible.

Regards,

- David Turner

PS: Current list of supported distributions

RHEL 4
Mandrake 9.2
Ubuntu 5.04
Ubuntu 5.10
Debian Sarge (3.1r1)

Information contained in this email message is confidential and may be
privileged, and is intended only for use of the individual or entity named
above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
in error, please immediately notify the address@hidden and destroy the original
message.