Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:59:04 +0100

> BTW, have we finally decided that such fonts have the extension .otb?

This was discussed on the xfree86-fonts and -devel lists a long time
ago (before the events), and this was definitely the best suggestion.
In particular, it was only used by one obscure piece of MS-DOS software,
and works on 8+3 filesystems.

So I guess you might as well adopt this extension, unless someone
objects loudly.

> This might be worthwhile to mention in the FreeType docs and to add
> to the demo programs.

Aye.
                                        Juliusz