Re: [ft] FT_New_Memory_Face and .ttc

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] FT_New_Memory_Face and .ttc
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:13:07 +0100 (CET)

> I have a problem getting FT_New_Memory_Face to work with fonts that are
> stored in .ttc files.  [...]
>
> The problem is that for .ttc fonts, the TTCHeader has been stripped
> from the data buffer, and I guess that the offsets in the
> encapsulated faces thus become invalid.  If I manually insert the
> TTCHeader before passing the data to FT_New_Memory_Face then it
> works fine.

It's not completely clear to me what you want to do but I recommend to
test the current CVS.  We now do it the opposite way, this is, we
synthesize a TTC header structure for simple fonts.  Maybe this helps
you.  Otherwise you probably have to use your own stream function
which adds the missing header data.