Re: [ft] Poor font rendering with or without hinting

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Poor font rendering with or without hinting
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:24:33 +0100 (CET)

> I am using Freetype 2.1.10 on Linux (have used previous versions as
> well with the same results) and I find that the fonts are rendered
> just terribly.  [...]

I don't use KDE so I can't help directly.  Maybe you get better
results if you install the current CVS version of FreeType which has
some bug fixes.  If the problem persists, please test your fonts with
the ftview demo program (from the ft2demos package) which we use for
testing the FreeType library.  In case you get bad results please
report them here again.  Otherwise it is probably not a problem of
FreeType itself.