[ft] Licensing question

From: Anthony Feick
Subject: [ft] Licensing question
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 18:10:22 -0500

To: David Turner, Robert Wilhelm, and Werner Lemberg.

In order to reduce the number of open file handles, I've had to use
our own mechanism for controlling the file handles for the fonts.   I
would like to use a couple functions in base/ftsystem.c, but they are
defined as "static" functions by default (ft_ansi_stream_close and
ft_ansi_stream_io).  Would it violate your license if I made a copy of
those functions in our code to control the streams?

The other option would be to remove the static keyword from the
definition in ftsystem.c, but I would prefer not having to change
freetype code everytime I get a new version.

BTW - We do aknowledge the Freetype Team in our credits.

Thanks,
Tony