Re: [ft] scalable font metrics, ascent/descent/height, metrics struct

From: Anson
Subject: Re: [ft] scalable font metrics, ascent/descent/height, metrics struct
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 22:02:09 +0100

Sorry to confuse you.  Let me put it in another word.  By far I have
found 3 sets of ascent/descent/height metrics.  We have
ascender/descender/height from FT_Face.  We have
ascender/descender/height from FT_Size_Metrics.  We also have
sTypoAscender/sTypoDescender from TT_Face.  How do they differ from
each other?  By ascent and descent do they include Latin characters
*only* or do they include alphabets with ascent/descent (e.g. U with
umlaut on top or K with cedilla at the bottom.)  Apparently the latter
would have greater values than the former.