[ft] Pango-WARNING **: Cannot open font file

From: Stephan Windmüller
Subject: [ft] Pango-WARNING **: Cannot open font file
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:05:20 +0200

Hi!

I built GTK+ 2.6.7 along with freetype 2.1.9 and Pango 1.8.1 on Debian
Woody. But when I try to start gtk-demo, I get this error:

(gtk-demo:26016): Pango-WARNING **: Cannot open font file for font
Nimbus Sans L, 10
Segmentation fault

It seems this has something to do with freetype, but I cannot locate the
error. I found a hint on google to build freetype with prefix=/usr, but
this is not possible. Does someone know how to fix this?

TIA
 Stephan