Re: [ft] Thick contours

From: Adam D. Moss
Subject: Re: [ft] Thick contours
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:07:42 +0100

Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
At 10:33 AM 3/30/2005, Adam D. Moss wrote:
I don't think that'd help in this case... I believe Laurent wants
a font-with-an-outline, not the outline of the font

        What's the difference?

The difference is that painting your already-rasterized text
five times is a very easy way to get text with an outline
but a very hard way to get an outline.

A glyph is a shape that can either be filled (or the normal operation for FT), stroked (what Laurent appears to be trying to achieve) or both.

I believe that what Laurent is trying to achieve is text
which is readable against any background.

        FT_Outline_Decompose()

Thanks.

--Adam
--