Re: [Freetype] newbe to freetype

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] newbe to freetype
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:48:16 +0100 (CET)

> But can the library get the Outline information (such as the polygon
> coordinates)?

You can get outline information, yes, but normally a font consists of
second and third order Bezier curves, not polygons.

> I need to know what functions to call to output the format, not to
> know which program to editing and output the font.  It is my fault I
> did not make it clear.

Here I can't help.  FreeType definitely is not able to do that.  My
best guess is really to call the external ttx program from the
fonttools package (which is a Python script and should run on all
platforms which have Python support) to get an XML-like representation
of the font.  Then you can extract the outline data easily for use in
your outline editor.  Finally, call ttx again to compile a new font.

Note that this will be slow for large CJK fonts, but it should yield a
working solution quickly.