Re: [Freetype] Lonely Longs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Lonely Longs
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:58:26 +0200 (CEST)

From: Aurio Sectio <address@hidden>
Subject: [Freetype] Lonely Longs
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:08:10 -0700 (PDT)

I know this reply is two years late, but...

> What is the recommended practice for systems that have a
> non-standard number of bytes for the long data type?  (A long takes
> 5 bytes on the 6211 DSP!)  Compilation crashes in ftconfig.h since
> only 4 and 8 byte longs are supported.

Have you ever found a solution?  Currently, we have this in ftconfig.h
which is a bit more sophisticated than two years ago:

----

  /* There are systems (like the Texas Instruments 'C54x) where a `char' */
  /* has 16 bits.  ANSI C says that sizeof(char) is always 1.  Since an  */
  /* `int' has 16 bits also for this system, sizeof(int) gives 1 which   */
  /* is probably unexpected.                                             */
  /*                                                                     */
  /* `CHAR_BIT' (defined in limits.h) gives the number of bits in a      */
  /* `char' type.                                                        */

#ifndef FT_CHAR_BIT
#define FT_CHAR_BIT  CHAR_BIT
#endif

  /* The size of an `int' type.  */
#if   FT_UINT_MAX == 0xFFFFFFFFUL
#define FT_SIZEOF_INT  (32 / FT_CHAR_BIT)
#elif FT_UINT_MAX == 0xFFFFU
#define FT_SIZEOF_INT  (16 / FT_CHAR_BIT)
#elif FT_UINT_MAX > 0xFFFFFFFFU && FT_UINT_MAX == 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU
#define FT_SIZEOF_INT  (64 / FT_CHAR_BIT)
#else
#error "Unsupported size of `int' type!"
#endif

  /* The size of a `long' type.  */
#if   FT_ULONG_MAX == 0xFFFFFFFFUL
#define FT_SIZEOF_LONG  (32 / FT_CHAR_BIT)
#elif FT_ULONG_MAX > 0xFFFFFFFFU && FT_ULONG_MAX == 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU
#define FT_SIZEOF_LONG  (64 / FT_CHAR_BIT)
#else
#error "Unsupported size of `long' type!"
#endif

----

Can you extend it to cover your particular platform?