[Freetype] Problems linking

From: Tom Bentley
Subject: [Freetype] Problems linking
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:00:30 +0100

Hi,

I'm having problems linking with freetype using MinGW/gcc. I've written a noddy
program (basically just building a library and
destroying it again). It compiles fine, but won't link.

I'm using the linker flags suggested by freetype-config, viz:
gcc -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -lfreetype -o freetype
freetype.o

Gcc complains thus:
freetype.o(.text+0x74):freetype.c: undefined reference to `FT_Init_FreeType'
freetype.o(.text+0xb0):freetype.c: undefined reference to `FT_Done_FreeType'

It's not clear to me why these functions aren't in the lib or why gcc can't
find them.

I strongly suspect this is really my fault, not freetypes (this is the first
time I've tried to do anything like this), but some
hints would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Tom