[Freetype] extracting glyph vectors -- newbie

From: Ashley McCoy
Subject: [Freetype] extracting glyph vectors -- newbie
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:23:48 +1000

Hi,

I am wanting to extract glyph drawing information from a japanese font so I can use the data in a drawing api. As my programming experience is in Java I am hoping to find some skeleton code I can Hack.

So far I have the following logic from studying users.txt

1. Create the engine

2. Load the required font

3. Create the Face

4. Set Face View

5. Create Glyph Holder

6. Get Platform Character Encoding

7. Isolate required Glyphs

8. Loop through Glyphs
9. Get the outlines/vector definitions
      converted to points

10. Export points with Unicode reference id I am quite prepared to get my hands dirty in C and have installed a compatible freetype libary for my platform.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Ashley McCoy